Deep Clean/Spring Clean
Deep Clean/Spring Clean
A Spring Clean or Deep Clean is an important part of house maintenance. A standard clean does a great job of maintaining a house, but there are tasks that are forgotten. Areas such as air vents, oven interiors, mould in wet areas and, grout build up can all lead to increased health risks.
How often should a Deep/Spring Clean be done?
A Deep/Spring Clean should be done at least once a year. For busy house holds it is recommended to be done twice a year. A Deep Clean/Spring Clean once or twice a year not only does those tasks that get forgotten, but it creates a healthier living environment getting rid of biological and environmental hazards. Many health information providers recommend a Deep/Spring clean as important for maintaining both physical and mental health https://www.healthline.com/health-news/5-health-benefits-of-spring-cleaning
What’s the difference between a Standard Clean and a Deep Clean?
A Standard Clean or Surface Clean normally focuses on removing visible signs of dirt through vacuuming, dusting and wiping things down. A Deep Clean goes further by targeting high frequency areas as well as areas not part of a surface clean.
Does a Deep/Spring Clean assist with removing Viruses?
The answer is definitely yes. Deep Cleaning involves the uses of disinfectants to remove any traces of viruses and germs, including Coronavirus. High frequency touch points such as switches, door handles are a point of focus. The use of mist sprays allows the chemicals to settle in hard to reach areas.
Additional Tasks as part of a Deep/Spring Clean
Listed below are tasks that are normally included in surface clean. Tasks included in a Spring/Deep Clean are listed below.
- Wet Areas. Toilet, Bathroom, Laundry.
Cobwebs dusted from ceiling and wall corners. Counter tops/vanities and sinks cleaned and disinfected. Clean/disinfect toilet bowl/seat/stand and cistern. Clean shower screen/tiles/walls. Cabinets wiped down – EXTERIOR ONLY. Floors vacuumed and mopped. Garbage bags emptied and bags replaced.
- Added tasks with Deep Clean/Spring Clean Shower tiles & Grout steam cleaned and scrubbed. Cabinet interiors cleared out and cleaned out. Window interiors cleaned. Extraction vents cleaned. Walls spot cleaned. Door-frames/skirting boards hand washed.
- Bedrooms and Sleeping areas. Cobwebs dusted from ceiling and wall corners. Dust and wipe all furniture. Clean/wipe switches and power sockets. Clean/wipe window ledges. Dust and wipe skirting boards. Sweep and vacuum floors. Garbage/recycling bins emptied, and bags replaced. Mop floors if not carpet/vacuum floor if carpet.
- Added tasks with Deep Clean/Spring Clean Window INTERIOR ONLY washed. Mirrors and glass polished. Walls/door/frames spot cleaned. Skirting boards dusted and hand washed. Ceiling vents cleaned.
- Living Areas Cobwebs dusted from ceiling and wall corners. Sweep and vacuum floors. Mop floors if not carpet/vacuum if carpet. Clean/wipe switches and power sockets. Dust and wipe all furniture.
- Added tasks with Deep Clean/Spring Clean Windows cleaned INTERIORS ONLY. Mirrors and glass polished. Walls/doors/frames spot cleaned. Skirting boards dusted and hand washed. Ceiling vents cleaned.
- Kitchen Cobwebs dusted from ceiling and wall corners. Vacuum and mop floors. Dust top of cupboards. Countertops and sink cleaned and disinfected. Stovetop cleaned and wiped down. Splashback cleaned from grease and dirt. Cabinets wiped down EXTERIOR ONLY. Garbage/recycling bins emptied, and bags replaced.
- Added tasks with Deep Clean/Spring Clean Appliance INTERIORS such as microwave cleaned, Windows washed INTERIOR ONLY. Ceiling vents cleaned. Oven exhaust filters washed and cleaned. Oven interior cleaned. Walls/doors/frames spot cleaned. Skirting boards hand washed.
Think Cleaning – Think Kikki’s